|Associate Editor UK|
|In this training role, the successful candidate will be mentored in the art of medical editing, which may include proofreading, copy-editing, formatting and styling a variety of scientific materials for publication or presentation. Assigned to one or more client accounts, you will be working in close partnership with medical writers and artworkers to deliver the highest quality medical communications on behalf of our pharma clients. The materials that come through your hands will disseminate new medical data and information to healthcare professionals and, ultimately, will help to support the best practice treatment of patients globally.|
|• Proofreading and copy-editing scientific content, including complex charts and graphs.
• Reviewing artwork or on-screen content for optimal layout.
• Becoming familiar with and applying relevant style guides.
• Working with account team colleagues to schedule workflow.
• Managing own workload to complete tasks to the highest standard, and within agreed deadlines.
• Briefing studio colleagues on project requirements.
• Acting as liaison between medical writers and studio team for assigned projects.
|• Exceptional English language skills (grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary).
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Exceptional eye for detail.
• Ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
• A positive and proactive “can-do” attitude.
• Excellent MS Office skills.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.